Upcoming Events at Excel
A few of the events we hope to be attending in the coming year…
- The World Travel Market
- The Tullett Prebon London International Boat Show
- The London International Wine Fair
- Newham London Waterfont festival
- The International Confex Exhibition
London’s state-of-the-art conference and exhibition centre in Docklands naturally lends itself to entertaining on the water. With the exhibition hall located right on the Royal Victoria Dock, Topsail can provide ships and boats at the exhibition for hospitality. Moored at the quayside, exhibitors can use our vessels for break-out space and receptions during the shows for groups of 10 to 200 people. Boats can also be chartered to cruise from Trinity Buoy Wharf into central London or bring guests to Excel in the same way.
- Group size: Up to 100 guests aboard a Thames Sailing Barge when static at Excel,
or choose a larger vessel
- Catering: We recommend canapes or bowl food
- Embark at Excel for static, and central London or Trinity Buoy Wharf for cruising
- Perhaps choose a theme to tie in with the exhibition?
- When cruising aboard a Thames Sailing Barge Tower Bridge opens exclusively
for you and your guests!
Case Study – Buckingham Schenk at the London Wine Fair
- The London International Wine Fair at ExCeL is a key date in the calendar for the world’s wine businesses, be it wine maker or distributor. Buckingham Schenk do both and have come to hold a high profile position as one of the UK’s top wine importers, delivering with panache to some of this country’s largest retailers.
Buckingham Schenk have brought their defining, individualistic style to the London International Wine Fair at ExCeL and don’t just use the exhibition hall but underline their innovative approach by entertaining customers and commentators on board an iconic vessel at the quayside. Until two years ago this used to be one of our own Thames sailing barges: comfortable, spacious, historic and stylish. There’s plenty of room for entertaining and catering functions – carried out in the beautiful wood-paneled saloon below, while invited guests are greeted on deck with the waterfront view. On board VIPs can take a break from the busy hall areas and enjoy the unique hospitality experience that is synonymous with Buckingham Schenk.
- …Well not just one better, but about five times better! They tasked Topsail with finding a vessel that did all of the above but with a much greater impact and higher capacity. We found them the Tall Ship ‘Atlantis’ an impressive three-masted, square-rigged sailing vessel (pictured). Not only were Buckingham Schenk able to entertain in spectacular surroundings on the decks of this beautiful ship, under its imposing rig, but all their staff were able to stay on board.
The whole event was a huge success and a highly cost-effective use of their budget. They were able to entertain more people, with a greater range of hospitality activities and profile while looking after their own hard-working staff on site at this vital exhibition. Like a sponsor hospitality suite and hotel all rolled into one – but much more original!
Topsail sourced, negotiated, contracted and managed the vessel making sure that Buckingham Schenk were fully supported and could undertake their marketing and PR agenda without distraction.